Monday, July 20, 2015

Day Fifty-six (59.3 miles - in a car, 2499.4 total): Sleeeeeeeeeep!

Grady and I are up early this morning. We quickly pack up my gear and load it into the back of a Ford Explorer. Ella is hidden in my backpack as we walk in between the car and the cabin. Ella wasn't supposed to be on the ranch all weekend, but we snuck her around in my backpack and kept her a secret. Once we had jammed the car full of gear, we hoped in and headed off for Bozeman.

With Grady at the wheel, we were making great time flying down the highway. The hour and a half trip was cut down to about an hour by the time we finally reached Bozeman. Grady had to work by 11:00AM so we were trying to make the best time possible. I couldn't be more thankful to have a friend like Grady. Grady and I unload my bike and pack the gear onto the racks before walking into the bike shop. I check in my bike for a few tune ups and leave my gear behind the counter. I say goodbye to my best friend and he heads off for the ranch again.

Ella and I walk around downtown Bozeman while I wait for my bike to get done. My dad found me a place to stay in Bozeman, so I really didn't have to go far today! My dad works with a guy named Dave, who's mother-in-law just happens to live in Bozeman. I give Shirley, Dave's mom, a call and make sure it's still alright for me to crash at her house this evening. She is a super sweet lady and has a spare room for me to use. I spend the rest of the morning passing by the downtown shops and boutiques waiting for my bike.

For breakfast, I went to a local organic co-op store and had a great breakfast sandwich and smoothie. By the time I had finished my filling breakfast, the bike shop called me to let me know my bike was done. I head off to the bike shop to pay my bill and pick up all my gear. It doesn't take me long to get out of the shop and back on to the road. Shirley's house is just a mile or so away and it's not long before I arrive.

Shirley is super cool and one of the most active women of her age I had ever met. She was constantly on the go and had tons of energy. We talk for a few hours, before she headed off to a baseball game and I went to sleep. The weekend had finally caught up with me, because I never take naps. When I finally woke up, it was pretty late in the afternoon, almost early evening. I was still tired, so I ordered a pizza and flipped on the TV. I ate the entire pizza by myself I was so hungry. Shirley arrived back at the house around 10:30PM and watched a little bit of the movie I had on. By 11:00PM, I was exhausted and went to bed. It had been a less than productive day, but I got some much needed rest. We hope you are enjoying our adventures and we hope you continue to follow us as we make our way for the coast!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the wonders of pizza! Glad you found a nice place to stay for the night. And have a tuned up bike, ready to roll on...xo

    ReplyDelete